Rosie King is the epitome of an inspirational person living with autism, whose words can inspire other persons on the spectrum to be individual, unique and just be themselves with pride. She also offers a wonderful insight into her experience, which assists with autism awareness and advocacy, and helps educate people about the spectrum. She is a terrific young woman.
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Some folks don't have someone to share Valentine's Day with. This poem is for these souls.
Gifts and red roses may come your way
On this the 14th, love’s Valentines Day.
For some there is no us or gifts to give
When in the moment, alone they must live.
Anticipation of receiving a token of care
Is just a whisper of hope in the air.
But all is not lost in the heart felt stakes
If the love for ones-self quietly awakes.
At peace with alone-ness and without pain
Of old worn paths, life’s not the same.
Share a raised glass in the mirror with self
Delivers past woes to the dim, dusty shelf.
Maybe tomorrow a kindred spirit will see
How rich your kind soul is and can be.
Never to worry when envisioning the day
When others are gifting the red rose splay.
Smile and know that love and peace can begin
With allowing ones-self to love from within.
Here is a rose, a thought gift from me
If on this day you feel a wee bit lonely.
Louise Page 2015
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Hello again folks.
It has been some time since my last post and time has certainly flown by. I am hoping to post more on my blog this year.
Above is an image of the front cover of my new book - "Poems for Autism"
This new book is available only on Lulu.com at the moment, but is available worldwide through the Lulu publishing site. Details, as described on Lulu.com, below;
- Copyright Louise Page (Standard Copyright Licence)
- Edition First Edition
- Publisher Louise Page
- Published 2 February 2015
- Language English
- Pages 86
- Binding Perfect-bound Paperback
- Interior Ink Black & white
- Weight 0.18 kg
- Dimensions (centimetres) - 14.81 wide x 20.98 tall
- This book is also available as an instantly downloadable Ebook on Lulu.com
- If you decide to purchase my new book and would like to leave a review or comment on such, please use my page on Lulu.com at the link above ("Poems for Autism") or on my page on LinkedIn - Louise Page
- Below is the first written review I have received regarding my poetry book I am humbled by Philips' very kind words.
Philip Wylie FCA MBA BEngValue-Added Financial & Media Services
- Another exciting book, I have been honored to co-author, is the "Nine Degrees of Autism". For all the pre-publication information on this important and unique developmental model for the Autism Spectrum, and the list of world renowned co-authors, please go to "The Nine Degrees of Autism" a new developmental model
- This image is courtesy of the publisher - Routledge (UK)
- Best wishes to you all,